It’s been awhile since our last ministry update (last update Easter 2012) but much has happened in the last year…
Closing a Chapter
In the Fall of 2009 Joslyn’s parents and sister planted a church in South Tacoma called “Grace Place“. Joslyn and I just exited a church replant with “Taproot Church” and had committed to start after school outreach programs in Graham, Washington with “Tacoma Youth For Christ“. After our time was complete with YFC, we started our 1st house church in Spanaway, Washington “GPS Church” (Grace Place South).
2010 the unexpeted happened in ministry and life, Joslyn’s mom had passed away from uterine sarcoma cancer. Afterwards we made a commitment to help Joslyn’s dad & Grace Place’s Pastor Danny Thomas to help him through the grieving and recovery process.
After assisting, leading, planting new churches and ministries in Western Washington for the last 6 years, God was closing a chapter in our families life and opened a new opportunity.
October 2012, we packed all of our belongings to begin our new journey in Nampa, Idaho. In the last 4 months incredible things have happened in life and ministry!
- Matthew and Annabelle are doing incredible in public school academically, socially, evangelically (little missionaries).
- London had a short season and medical scare in December but has turned the corner (26 lbs, 33 in.) eating all food, growing, getting ready to enter pre-school this fall.
- We have partnered with Empty Hand Warrior Juvenile Mentor Program (Christian Martial Arts Mentoring Program for At-Risk Youth & Young Adults).
- We are developing partnering relationship with other Churches and Ministries, especially with Trademark Church who we are joining for bi-weekly corporate worship.
- Another home church (Nampa House Church) has been planted in our home with 5 families.
God is good and it’s amazing what He he accomplishes in us and through us when we humble ourselves and get out of His way! God is victorious and helps us through life’s battles…
“Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn.”